Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Survivor...eskimo style


If we had to survive in the bitter cold, I think we could if Teem was with us. On Saturday, while the kids were napping, my big kid spend 2 hours making an igloo for Kaija and Luukas. I have to laugh at my husband a little because most people would think of snow angels or snowmen, but I bet not many people would think, "hey, I really feel like building an igloo today." It's been nice, though because the kids have thoroughly enjoyed playing in their 'house' as Kaija calls it. We haven't had any more snow storms since last week, but the snow hasn't melted at all, and I don't think it's going anywhere. So thanks, Teem, for your hard work and ingenuity.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, that's amazing, what fun! I really think you could survive any extreme weather conditions with Teem. : )

Arah Debra said...

Win Teem decides to do something he REALLY does it. How fun for the kids!

EFN Newsletter said...

Well OF COURSE Teem built them an igloo. That's why we love him.

Sarah S said...

WOW!! I am thoroughly impressed. We were tired making a snow fort/wall, but an igloo must have been a huge undertaking! He did such a good job making it authentic. I love the arched doorway! You should submit your pictures to the local news :)

EFN Newsletter said...

p.s. I really like your latest layout.

Jana said...

Wow. What more can I say. That was seriously impressive. Who knows how to build igloos? :)

The Cherry Family said...

That igloo is super cute. Sorry I'm so behind. I realize it's almost April and you posted that in February. :) Hope you guys are doing well!!


Blueberry picking