Sunday, March 9, 2008

Random Date Night


So I must be the worst person about keeping an updated blog, but I would much rather read about everyone else's lives than write about my own. But I'll try harder to keep up. Anywho, our friends Megan and Chad have so generously included us in a tradition of theirs recently. This tradition started before they even got married and they are fun and random people. Every month they roll two dice and count that many restaurants down in the phonebook to pick what restaurant they are going to. I don't know if that made any sense, but hopefully you get the idea. So in January, they landed on Subway, which we didn't go to. But February was a restaurant on Houser Lake, picture above (just a nice small lake about 20 minutes from us). We went and were the only customers there. (The funny part is that we even made reservations beforehand). Apparently it's a happenin' place in the summer, but not many people venture out that way in the winter. So we had a lovely time. While at the restaurant, they whipped out the phone book to find out the location of the next month's random date night. It was also on a lake (Lake Pend Oreille...pronounced Ponderay...french I think) in Bayview. The restaurant was called JD's resort. So we get there and I think they cheated with the naming a little, because it was really JD's saloon and smokehouse. (As in cigarettes, not good meat). We walked in and quickly walked out and drove up the rode to a much nicer place with great food. So it was a great experience and we hope to continue the tradition with them. We are off to Seattle this weekend to be with Teem since he has a conference there. I should have something a little more interesting to blog about after that. And it's Luukas' birthday this Friday so I'll take lots of good pictures.

7 comments:

Sarah S said...

oh my goodness, that is a lot of snow. where the heck is spring?? (certainly not here in chicago either). i like the restaurant tradition/date night idea - you're brave for going to random places! (your comment about the smokehouse made me laugh - as in place to smoke, not good meat)

thanks for calling the other day - hopefully we can catch up soon! we're finally mostly healthy in our house...

have fun in seattle!!

Lisa said...

Well it's about time! I'm glad you found some friends that sound almost as cool as us! : )

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! It is a good reminder to try and keep up the date night tradition! Have a fun trip!

Arah Debra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arah Debra said...

What a fun idea! I would've skipped Subway too. Boring!! I can't believe how much snow you still have.

Hubers said...

I can't believe it's been a year already. Happy birthday Luukas!

Chad said...

Yay! We got a mention in the blog!!! You guys are the coolest friends we have (unless any of our other friends read this, then you are just tied for first with them).


Blueberry picking