Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pool Time...or something like that





So we are still in Texas at my parents house, and I'm pretty much melting in the heat. We've pretty much either find indoor activities or do something outside involving water. I was too lazy the other day to take my kids to the neighborhood pool, so we were just going to do sprinklers and squirt guns, but then my mom had a fabulous idea. She got out buckets for them to play with and Kaija decided it was her own private 'swimming pool'. Then we found some storage bins so they could at least sit down if they wanted to. I know, totally white trash, but they had fun and I couldn't miss the photo-op with that one. As a side note, Teem comes down in less than a week and we are soooo excited to see him. Yipppeee!

6 comments:

Sarah S said...

That is hilarious!! I'll have to remember that idea... I have been sweltering here in Chicago but can only imagine how hot it's been for you in TX. Being hot and pregnant is not a good combo.

Hubers said...

That looks like so much fun. I totally let me kids sled down out back hill last year in a laundry basket. That's white trash, but so fun too!

Gretchen said...

Holy crap....too funny, totally WT!!!

I love the one of their heads in the buckets!!

Can't wait to see you all!!!! We are going to PARRRR TY!

Jana said...

Your kids are hilarious. And at least you are claiming white trash. Although, I disagree. You would be shocked at some of the things I allow my kids to do outside. He ran around in boxers outside at the neighbors today. For starters.

Anonymous said...

You do what you have to do when it is so hot! Your Mom sounded so grateful to have you there. I am sure you guys had fun...

Lisa said...

Hey, sometimes even a white trash idea is a good idea. : )

Love it!


Blueberry picking