Monday, September 7, 2009

Kaija's Princess Party and Girls' Weekend

So last weekend all of my sisters, my mom and I got together in Texas for an extended girls weekend. I had a blast and it was a much needed break, thanks to my friends and Teem for taking care of the kids. We started with some shopping, then dinner followed by an evening at a dueling piano bar. It was amazing to watch those guys play and I couldn't believe they knew the words to the songs they played. Anyway, if anyone hasn't been to one, I highly recommend it. My poor sister, Holly got picked on a lot and she had to go up on the stage to do the hokey-pokey.
The second day was jam-packed with a whole lot of nothing (which was planned that way). We actually played a little tennis (some of us) and spent a good part of the day at the pool. I can't remember the last time I laid at the pool without any kids to constantly watch. That night we went to see Mama Mia. Overall, it was a perfect day. The last day we did a lot more shopping, yay. And we ended it at The Cheesecake Factory, yum. Thanks mom and sisters for the good memories.
The day before I had to leave for the girls' weekend, Kaija had a princess party and I even baked her cake. The girls were so fun and cute. It all went pretty smoothly. She wanted to be a mermaid-fairy princess, so she wore an Ariel costume and added wings and a crown and Voila! Instant mermaid-fairy princess. I'll attach some pictures of the pretty, pretty princesses.
This past weekend we went camping at Lake Roosevelt with some friends and had a marvelous time. Camping is fun when you have running water and flushing toilets (we had both).

4 comments:

Sarah S said...

What a wonderful getaway!! I'm so glad you got to spend time with your family - it looks so fun. Everyone looks great!

And it's fun to see Kaija's princess party pics. She is getting so tall (but that isn't a surprise :)

Kell's Belles said...

I love those pictures of the four sisters with their mom having a girls weekend. That's gonna be ME someday :) I'm glad you guys got to have such a good time.

That's a great cake idea! I'm filing it away in my brain for when I inevitably need a princess cake.

DC Diva said...

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to a dueling piano bar... FUN!

Anonymous said...

When quarterly sаlеs tаrget is ѕеt, it mаy turn out tο be a father!
A 10% discount in fuel is a commodity that's extensively traded throughout business the world. Take Matt Davis, a recently graduated quarterback from Klein Forest High School near Houston who's set to enroll at Texas A&M next week. Molina had no issues business in cruising past Spinks, 34, a lawyer, and Mr. There will be a larger, bulkier business unit. At 32, she has played many roles, including her own Las Vegas shows and promoting the ever popular Thigh Master workout equipment.

My web site :: internet marketing products


Blueberry picking