Thursday, January 17, 2008

There are no words



I'm not sure what to title this post. Let me update you on some recent changes in our home. Due to the fact that Luukas would cry for an hour strait during naptime, and then he was a mess the entire day, I knew I had to do something different. He's been sleeping in the room in the basement, so I thought it might be a good time to let him join Kaija in her room. So about a week ago, I made the switch. He really was a different child...happy and pleasant most of the time. They were even sleeping during naps. So yesterday it was quiet on the monitor, so naturally I thought they were sleeping. Unfortunately, they were definitely NOT sleeping. I think the pictures say it all. The little things on the carpet are tiny crayon and chalk pieces. (and yes, our pink house has PINK carpet in case anyone was wondering). I asked Kaija why she colored her hands pink and she replied in a very matter-of-fact way, "Because I want them to look pretty." Luukas I think was just the sidekick since I know he wasn't the culprit to retrieve the markers and chalk and crayons. I'm almost laughing about it now. Thank goodness for Crayola washable markers.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Look at that little troublemaker, I love it!

Jana said...

Busted!!! I love that Kaija knows the right answer. Too cute.

Arah Debra said...

I don't think I would have been quite so nice about it. Your a very patient mom. Can't wait to see you guys. Counting the day :-)

Sarah S said...

that is hilarious!! oh my goodness, i don't think i would have words either.

i'm sorry the week flew by and I didn't call you back!! bad friend. Every time I thought about calling you it was at a time that prob. wouldn't be best for you (usually your dinnertime). i'll call you soon! :)


Blueberry picking