Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The last two weeks

I haven't posted lately, because there hasn't been much to post. Here are a few highlights from the last couple weeks. We went with our friends, the Aspers to an indoor waterpark, since the weather this spring has been anything but warm. (with a couple good weekends here and there). The kids had a blast and Teem and I even got to go on a couple of water slides. Fun stuff!Teem went golfing at the Coeur d'Alene Resort and got a certificate of achievement for getting on the world-famous 'floating green'. Way to go Teem! Kaija and Luukas started swim lessons and have made some progress. By progress I mean now Kaija will blow bubbles and sort of put her face in the water. Luukas, however, seems fearless, which totally frightens me. We went on a preschool fieldtrip to the local firestation. Notice Kaija is the only one NOT wearing the fireman hat. That day she was a princess, and princesses don't wear hats of any sort. Last weekend our church had a father-son campout and Teem and Luukas had a great time. Kaija and I had a little girls night out, too. She called it our 'pretty night' and the boys had their 'handsome night'. The boys came back filthy and tired, but I think they had a great time. Oh yes, and Kaija had her first cavity. How in the heck does a dentist's kid get a cavity? She did fine until the drill came on. She really HATES loud noises. We survived, but I sure hope we can keep her cavity-free from now on.

7 comments:

Sarah S said...

Your post had a lot going on!! It's fun to see these pictures. We should talk soon and catch up Em!

Anonymous said...

"That day she was a princess, and princesses don't wear hats of any sort."

Almost laughed out loud when I read that! How funny! We're looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

Hubers said...

So scary to have the drill. Aren't you glad you're husband is a dentist!

Arah Debra said...

Looks like a fun couple of weeks. Gavin had me put the mattress back on the stairs today and kept begging me to call Kaija.

Jana said...

Welcome back!!!! I have missed you. And I totally want to get together with you when we are there the end of June. I hope you will be there.

Kell's Belles said...

Looks busy and fun. I LOVE that princesses don't wear hats :) You learn something new everyday . . .

Lisa said...

I love indoor water parks! You know, we have a few in MI if you want to come visit... : )


Blueberry picking