Thursday, September 18, 2008

The things people say...

So I had to post this, because I know someone out there will appreciate it. First of all, what is it with people around really pregnant women that makes them think it's okay to say whatever they want about them?! So, I was getting gas at Costco yesterday and the guy behind me moved a little closer and said, "I know I don't need to point this out, put it looks like you've got some junk in your trunk." Then he chuckled and went back to his car. So, for my own self confidence, I'm going to assume he doesn't understand the meaning of the phrase, but if he did, why in the world would you tell an extremely pregnant woman she has a big booty on top of the enormous belly hanging out. I'm well aware my bum gets bigger when I'm pregnant. (I like to think of it as nature's way of keeping me from tipping forward). Anywho, I'm sort of laughing about the whole thing, but still, come on people, have a little courtesy.

11 comments:

Thamina said...

That is a great story Em! I'm guessing he really doesn't know what it means. Good-luck with the rest of the pregnancy.

Lisa said...

Maybe he meant to say "bun in the oven?" Regardless, I am dying laughing right now!

Hubers said...

Don't worry, he probably just thought you were a smokin' hottie and that's the real reason he talked to you anyway!;-)
Hope you do well with the rest of the pregnancy!

brookie said...

Hi Emily. What a jerk! I can't believe the nerve of some people. I saw your mom last weekend and she said you are due any day now - good luck with everything!

DC Diva said...

That's awful. Some people just DON'T GET IT. And by IT I mean how to function acceptably in society. Hope everything goes well! We'll be thinking of you these next few weeks!

Sarah S said...

Seriously??? I really can't believe people open their mouths sometimes.

I am a jerk for not calling you back yet!! Every time I have thought, I should call Em, it's usually Eli's naptime and I am so tired that I climb into bed and fall asleep. Lame lame lame. I am hoping we can talk before your baby arrives!!

Kell's Belles said...

What an idiot! But yes, it does make for a good story. One of my least favorite parts of being pregnant is the random (and usually rude) comment factor.

Good luck with the next step and congratulations on the fact that you won't be pregnant very much longer!

Richard Davies said...

Wow! I can't believe he would have the nerve to say something like that.

Kind of reminds me of the other day when I was in the video rental store and this kid nearby suddenly pointed at this large, overweight man about 10 feet away and said in a loud voice "Hey, look at that fat daddy!"

Oh ya, did I mention that kid was my son? And that he repeated himself about two more times before I could manage to quite him down? How embarrassing!

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry. people say some ot the craziest things and of all times to let your mouth run....why always to the pregnant women? i just don't get it...

Gretchen said...

Oh no he didn't?!?!? Seriously!!! I hope he did just get his little "catch phrases" mixed up. He probably thought he was being very clever, NOT! And yes I can definitely appreciate that story, esp since I have enough junk in MY trunk even when I'm not pregnant!

Jana said...

I am totally laughing. What an idiot. And so appropriate that a man would say that. If only I could stay as thin as you while full term. You'll notice that pictures of myself will soon be coming to a halt!!! But I did get a laugh out of this post. :)


Blueberry picking