Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Pet Bass

Saturday during naps, Teem went fishing in Lake Coeur d'Alene and had some luck. He caught two pretty good-size bass. Well, I was gone later that day and Teem didn't want to gut and clean the fish with the kids around, so he just filled the bath tub with cold water (luckily the downstairs one that nobody uses) and decided to put the fish in there until he had time to clean them. Well, the kids, according to Teem, loved playing with the fish like they were their pets. (I'm cringing thinking about it...yuck), but they had a good time. Kaija was a little confused when she woke up and her new 'pets' were gone, but she didn't seem to mind eating them at dinner time. I'm pretty sure she didn't make the connection that the fish swimming in our bathtub were the same fish she was eating the next night. I also spent Saturday night scouring the tub. EEEWWW! I'm still not sure how I feel about it all, but I can't complain because I had away time that afternoon.

3 comments:

Richard Davies said...

Awww! I'm disappointed -- I was hoping for a picture... :-)

Lisa said...

So sad, she's going to be totally traumatized by this someday. Seriously, I remember when my dad told me he gave away my "pet chickens" to a "nice family." Poor, poor little Kaija. : )

Jana said...

BARF BARF BARF!!! I am sick to my stomach. Jason would be dead meat!! But I guess that is why you are clearly the better wife. I have never questioned that. :) Are you coming to NY?!!! COME!!!!!


Blueberry picking