Thursday, December 13, 2007

Clark Griswald at the Pink House


FYI: Clark Griswald is Chevy Chase on Christmas Vacation. So if any of you know Teem, you know that when he does something out of his own desire, it is done with 110% effort. This year's Christmas lights have been no exception. He has spent the last two saturdays perfecting his work and adding to it. What made me laugh (not to his face, of course, but in my head) was when he said, "well, I need to go back a get a couple more boxes of lights". This was after he had already gone through at least 20 boxes. And those 'couple of' boxes turned out to be about 8. Now, it may not look as impressive as it sounds, but I do not exaggerate the # of lights. And there are probably about 8 extension cords strewn throughout our yard so that the circuit doesn't trip (or whatever it's called). Give me a break, I'm not an electrician.
A couple weekends ago we did end up going to the 'north pole' to see santa. It turns out it's a boat ride to the north pole and that's it. You don't even get out, but santa is sitting in his little house on the shore and reads off all the kids names. Kaija loved that part. It was an experience we may never have again (for better or worse). I'd post pictures of that, but they didn't turn out so well due to the darkness and movement of the boat.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Your house looks great! That Teem, always up for a challenge!

emily said...

Whoa, your house looks like a picture from a book. I love it! Kudos to Teem for a job well done!

EFN Newsletter said...

This is really funny considering what I just posted about Abram on my blog...

Arah Debra said...

Beautiful! Good job Teem

Anonymous said...

Freakin sweet! This is chad. I don't do the blogging, but I just saw your comment... my email's chadburnham@hotmail.com (pretty complicated, huh). If I knew about blogging I could find your email on your blog, but I've tried and failed. PLEASE email me! Your family is so cute!

Sarah S said...

wow!!! yours is one that I would definitely drive by a few times - it looks great! you'll have to blog what your electricity bill ends up being for this month... :)

Jana said...

That is serously impressive. Teem really does a great job.


Blueberry picking