Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The things we do for kids


So just the other day I asked Kaija what she wanted from Santa. (she's seen him twice now, so I'm afraid the 'list' keeps changing). As a side note, it's a good thing she's not old enough to piece things together because she calls the Santa at the mall, the 'one that's a little scary with darker hair' and the one at our church Christmas party is the 'nice Santa'. Her list started out as barbie stuff and a crocodile. (She has this toy crocodile that's kind of squishy feeling and she wanted another one from Santa). So I was a little unprepared when she told me she asked Santa for a Princess crocodile with a green crown (yes, it's still her favorite color) and a skirt. Luckily, I had nothing better to do last night since Teem was out of town, so I quickly worked on this little project that had presented itself. I guess we sometimes go to extreme measures so that our kids will believe in Santa. I actually was quite impressed with my creativity (since I am seriously lacking in that department). I'd start selling them on ebay, but I have an inkling that these 'crocodile princesses' are not in high demand...maybe next year :)

9 comments:

Richard Davies said...

A crocodile princess?? Wow, that's quite an interesting request! And nice job Emily--it looks great! I'm sure she'll love it.

Unknown said...

That's so funny! Kids are so random sometimes!! Great job on the outfit, I might have to put in a request for my own for next Christmas :-)

Sarah S said...

i'm glad you have a picture of it so you can remind her of this in 10 years :) i'm impressed at your creativity!

and by the way - the FHE book was awesome!!! i got it yesterday and was thoroughly impressed and grateful to have something to get us started. why is FHE so hard?? you've made it a little easier for us, so thank you!

Arah Debra said...

What a beautiful crocodile princess! Very crafty of you. I love that her favorite color is green.

Jana said...

She is too funny. Also very creative. Should I tell you now that I want one for next year for Ellie? :)

EFN Newsletter said...

Oh my gosh, you are such a good mom. I don't think it would have even crossed my mind that I could make one myself. It's so cute. I wish I could be there to see her open it.

Abram and I LOVED the FHE book. Thank you.

Lisa said...

That's hilrious! Love the croc!

Abbigail said...

hilarious! I definitely want a crocodile princess. What an imagination she has!!!!turned out great!

An said...

Hi Emily, just found your blog and love the crocodile princess. It has inspired to take the boys' requests more seriously. Way to go, Idaho!!


Blueberry picking