Wednesday, November 28, 2007

GOOD MORNING COEUR D'ALENE

This morning Coeur d'Alene was spotlighted on Good Morning America, and I didn't even know it until 4 am this morning, when our house was shaking from the fireworks downtown, since we are not very far from the main street. Other than the terror (thinking we were under attack, or worse...that our kids would wake up :), I thought it was pretty cool to have our town on national TV. Who would've thought?! Here are a few reasons why they picked CDA:
  • Home to the world's largest holiday tree at 161 feet, which is more than twice the size of the tree in New York City's Rockefeller Center
  • Over 30,000 lights trim the tree
  • 1.5 million lights transformed the tiny town into a winter wonderland tour
  • A special North Pole village has been set up by the resort that can only be reached by crossing the lake

7 comments:

Jana said...

Wow. Who would have known!!! And there is another reason why Spokane is just so appealing. :)

Arah Debra said...

How fun! Take pics of the North Poll Village is you go. I love your wall paper!

Sarah S said...

I saw this on TV and thought of you!! I was going to email you but then got sidetracked. You live in a cool place! :)

Sarah S said...

and I second arah debra's comment - your blog is so cute and festive!

Lisa said...

Who woulda thunk it? : )

Tanya said...

Hi Emily, I need your address...sending out Christmas cards. Email it to me at briantanyaboyer@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Lisa said...

Okay, it's been long enough that I wll start harassing you again!


Blueberry picking