Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Last weekend

We went to the North Idaho Fair on Saturday and the kids had a great time. Of course they had rides and all that good stuff. Kaija and Luukas really liked seeing the animals. There was also a kids play area where they rode bikes through a maze and made necklaces.
Teem also decided to wash the car and of course the kids had to help. Luukas really got into it and was being quite meticulous about his work. :) They both ended up totally soaked, but that's all part of the fun. Sunday we went to a friends house and Kaija got a second birthday cake and loved the attention AGAIN. Kaija hasn't had a single wet accident since she first used the potty last week, but I had her first #2 accident while we were at McDonald's. I took the kids there since it was her actual birthday and Teem was out of town. She hadn't pooped for about 4 days, so I figured I would need to give her a suppository eventually, but I saw her holding her bum while she was in the playplace and I knew we were too late. So I won't go into any gross details, but you can imagine the clean-up. To make things worse, I sat her on the potty to make sure she was done and it was one of those automatic flushers and she was so terrified she was shaking when it flushed randomly. (I don't think she will ever go potty again at "Old McDonald's" as she calls it, for the rest of her life) But, tonight she successfully went #2 at home, so I'm feeling accomplished as a mother today. That was our weekend in short.

3 comments:

Jana said...

I was lol at the poop story. Speaking of, Noah just came in and told me "poop" so I need to go and change him asap! :)

Abbigail said...

Emily,
So great to see you guys on the web. Your kids are so freaking adorable. I found your site surfing through others... since we have lost touch. I am not so anxious to train my little one after reading these stories! UGH! What was parents do.
miss you and hope you are well.
Love ya!
Abbi in Ann Arbor

Jess said...

Totally understand the accident thing. We seem to be going threw good weeks and bad ones right now. Luckily Ethan has learned to hold it some of the time since he refuses to go in most public rest rooms saying mommy they are ucky can't say I can argue with that. Best luck.


Blueberry picking