Sunday, August 26, 2007

Potty training success

I just thought I'd share some good news...Kaija used the potty!!! I decided to try again (I think this was round 3). The first two times were awful experiences where Kaija would hold her pee for the ENTIRE day and just wouldn't go. So two days ago, I paused the movie we were watching and said, "As soon as your go on the potty, I'll start the movie again." I know it might sound mean, but I have tried EVERYTHING, so I was desperate. She is starting preschool in a week, so the pressure was on. Although I was going to just cheat the system, since she was pretty good at holding it all day I figured she could hold it for 3 hours in the morning. :) But now I might not have to cheat. She's definitely not totally trained, but any progress is good for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a huge success. I have decided all those people that say you can potty train in one day must have hurried and written the book before the next day because it has taken months.......Landon was just potty trained a few months ago (he turned three in Feb) and even now he will just pee his pants (at least now he changes himself and puts the dirty clothes in the laundry) but it is definitely a tough job. Way to go!

Jana said...

Congrats!!!! How old is she now? I can not wait for Noah to go on the toilet. Jackson was so easy, but Noah is a TOTALLY different child than him. Do you remember at all how he behaves? :)

EFN Newsletter said...

Dude, holding it all day? That is so Teem :)

Richard Davies said...

It sure feels good to get them to start potty training, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

great news, so much easier to get a feel of herpussy in panties


Blueberry picking